57 against infantry
293 against aircraft, 400 against structures
0.5 seconds (ground)
|“||This gonna be gooood
- When ordered to attack
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 5.1 When created
- 5.2 When selected
- 5.3 When moving
- 5.4 When ordered to attack favorably
- 5.5 When ordered to attack unfavorably
- 5.6 When ordered to attack neutral
- 5.7 When ordered to attack unreachable target
- 5.8 When in favorable or neutral engagement
- 5.9 When in unfavorable engagement
- 5.10 When crashing
- 6 Videos
- 7 References
Background[edit | edit source]
A multirole attack helicopter, the Talon is the last pre-Orca aircraft left in GDI's arsenal. Despite it's older design the Talon is still a capable weapons platform useful for variety of roles including infantry suppression and light anti-aircraft duty.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Effective against infantry and aircraft. Flying. (Can move over terrain and enemy units.)
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Cheap and versatile, Talon is a universal unit that doesn't excel in any particular role, but is still good enough to fulfill find it's place in multiple decks.
Compared to Nod Venom (Rivals), it lags behind in damage output, but will win against Laser Squad when defending. The flying capability also becomes useful when defending against Chemical Warrior attack on the base, since they can't target flying units, Chemical Warriors are not able to put the cloud on the Talon, thus increasing base damage. However, if the flying anti-infantry capability is the only concern, Drone Swarm is a better, cheaper option.
With regard to the flying anti-air capability, Talon more cost-effective compared to it's big brother -- the Hammerhead. Although it will lose to a Banshee, two Talons will trade favorably. However, if population cap is at a premium, as it usually is with double harvester strategies, then Hammerhead is a better anti-air option.
When attacking Minigun Turret, Talon uses the machine gun, but when attacking the Obelisk of Light or the base, it uses missiles, except for the brief initial moment then missiles are warming up, then Talon fires the machine gun.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2018-06-20:
- Initial attack delay reduced to 0.1 seconds (was 0.5 seconds).
- Movement speed increased to 9.2 (was 6.9)
- Balance update 2018-10-26:
- Health reduced to 900 (was 1200)
- Damage vs Aircraft decreased to 280 (was 400)
- Damage vs Infantry increased to 50 (was 40)
- Balance update 2018-11-06:
- HP increased to 909 (was 900)
- Damage to Air increased to 293 (was 280)
- Balance update 2019-12-06:
- Damage vs Aircraft increased to 345 (was 293) [Not in effect]
- Damage vs Vehicles decreased to 20 (was 50)
- Patch 1.2.4 2019-12-18: Damage vs Infantry increased to 55 (was 50)
- Balance update 2019-03-13:
- Damage increased to 57 (was 55).
- Talon turn rate increased to 450 (was 150)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Flight check complete
- Rotors, on
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Rotors are spinning
- Ready for deployment
- Weapons systems on-line
When moving[edit | edit source]
- On my way
- Scouting ahead
- Flying out
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- This gonna be gooood
- We've got this
When ordered to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- This might not end well
- Rotors are vulnerable
When ordered to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- Yes, sir
- If you say so
- As ordered
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- Can't target that
- I don't think so
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- Taking them down
- Weapons hot
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- Zone is hot!
- We're taking fire!
When crashing[edit | edit source]
- Rotors hit!
- I can't pull up!
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]