Anti-armour support tank
Advanced armour-piercing AT gun (SABOT)
70 (60 when elite)
5 (6.75 when elite)
Increased strength, firepower, rate of fire, self-healing
|“||The German Tank Destroyer can easily eliminate enemy vehicles. Its advanced armor-piercing gun is weak against enemy infantry and structures.
- Red Alert 2 German multiplayer loading screen
It has a large anti-tank cannon mounted on a flexible, tracked platform, which is capable of easily destroying enemy tanks, even punching through the heavy armour of Apocalypse tanks and ore miners. However, the tank destroyer was strictly capable of providing anti-armour support, as it was nearly useless against infantry or structures. It was also relatively lightly armoured and unable to attack air units. They can still lose to Apocalypse tanks in one-on-one matches, making them better to use in large groups against vehicles.
It is not known to have operated after the events of the Psychic Dominator Disaster.
The UltraAP damage type deals full damage to units with light and heavy armour, less than half damage to medium armour, and barely any to everything else; hence, the tank destroyer's weapon is efficient against vehicles, but not infantry.
The AI usually attacks with 4 tank destroyers. They prioritize enemy vehicles above all other targets, and will completely ignore any building or infantry unit while at least one enemy vehicle exists on the battlefield. If all vehicles are destroyed, tank destroyers become like any other tank, with no preferred target, and will attack the nearest building or infantry unit.
Note: in Red Alert 2, the tank destroyer shares its quotes with the Grizzly battle tank.
- Tank destroyer reporting.
- No armour's too tough!
- They gotta get through me first!
- Not a tank I can't break.
- Deutschland's finest.
- Taking position.
- In the field.
- Moving forward.
When ordered to attack
- Demolition derby time!
- Let's see who's tougher!
- Piece by piece.
- Nothing left but junk!
- You call 'that' armour?
Concept art by TJ Frame
In order: English, French, German, Korean, Chinese. Top row is standard, bottom row is veteran.
- In the Chinese version, the tank destroyer is erroneously translated as "坦克殺手" (tank killer), while the correct translation should be "坦克殲擊車" (tank eliminator vehicle).
- Since World War II, real-life tank destroyers had been largely phased out. Their roles are taken by advanced IFVs such as M2 Bradley, which carries anti-tank missiles.
- The tank destroyer is similar in appearance to the cut Howitzer unit and like it is based on the M110 howitzer. Though, the tank's chassis is taken from a Merkava in the installer slide.