Transcript:Hollywood and Vain
Introduction[edit | edit source]
- Eva Lee: Travelling back in time gives us another opportunity, Commander. President Dugan asked me to contact an old friend once we arrived. I hope you're sitting down.
- Ben Carville: Well, Commander! [chuckles] From what I understand the future ain't what it used to be. [winks] Now, our job is to set it right. According to executive order 9-ALPHA-66, which uh by the way won't be written for another couple of months... you know a man could blow a fuse getting his mind around this time travel stuff. Anyway, the gist of this thing is: that we're involved until the bitter end. We got a job to do son. The lieutenant will fill you in.
- Eva: Commander, Yuri has taken control of Hollywood using mind control technology. He's begun to use the media to spread subliminal propaganda. Here's a sample with the subliminal mind control properties filtered out.
- Yuri (broadcast): We fight a life or death struggle against the powers of capitalism. Only complete faith in Yuri can protect you. Only total compliance will save the lives of you and your family. Empty your mind and submit to my will. The less you know, the better of you will be. I'm Yuri... Obey me...
Loading screen[edit | edit source]
- Operation: Hollywood and Vain - Location: Los Angeles, California
- Objective 1: Destroy all Grinders in the city
- Objective 2: Destroy all Yuri buildings
- Note: Not all civilians have been mind controlled. Some of them may even be able to help us in the coming battle
Briefing[edit | edit source]
Yuri has mind controlled the population of Los Angeles and is feeding the civilians into his Grinders to fund his Psychic Dominator project. If we can eliminate the Grinders, Yuri will have lost a significant source of funds.
Debriefing[edit | edit source]
Your rank is: Captain
Par Time: 00:50:00
Faster than par time[edit | edit source]
Great job, Commander. Your quick actions minimized civilian losses in the city and denied Yuri an important source of income to fund his plans. Hollywood agents are already offering deals for the rights to your life story.