Ursa Major (green) and ordinary War Bear (yellow)
Advanced anti-surface scout
Skin & Steel plates
Cannot be trained, challenge-only unit
|“||The Bears in this land are quite powerful...!
- Oleg Vodnik in the Challenge
Background[edit | edit source]
After unsuccessful in the War of the Three Powers, Oleg Vodnik managed to "create" a new version of the War Bear in a top-secret location inside the United States of America, penetrating homeland security for American and Allied forces around the planet Earth.
In the first part, Oleg succeeded, but before he could transport the bears back to Russia, he was stopped by the Futuretech Commander from using them to leave the area. The whole event was in the challenge mission, Number One Threat To America.
Game Unit[edit | edit source]
Ursa Major is almost 20x bigger than the original bear, thus he is really a nightmare for all ground units.
- Bear's large body excels against infantry, buildings, light vehicles, ships, and even tough vehicles like Apocalypse tanks.
- Ursa Major cannot be crushed by heavy units, simply because he is just bigger than them.
- Because bears can swim, he is a nightmare for all ships as well.
- Fortunately, the Ursa Major is not able to attack air units, thus it is an easy target for various aircraft.
- Even though the Bear is fast the armor is the same of soviet war bear, so it's an easy target for commando units.
- When playing as Empire of Rising Sun, at least 3 Shinobis are enough to bring one down without deaths
If some unit is so lucky that it kills the Ursa Major on his own, it gains instantly heroic veterancy.
Outcome[edit | edit source]
Thankfully, all bears were killed by the Futuretech Commander as Oleg left the area stating:
|“||The bears here smell far too pretty to serve in glorious Soviet Army anyway.||”|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Their name comes from the constellation Ursa Major (Great Bear), most likely due to their great size.