As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
GDIOxArmor (100% Cannon, 100% Rocket, 100% Grenade, 100% Gun, 1% Sniper)
1 unit/infantry squad
Any unit that can Call for Transport
|“||Let's keep it safe, guys!
Background[edit | edit source]
The Ox was designed after the Second Tiberium War to replace the aging Orca Carryall and provide air transport for infantry. It features tandem seating with the pilot in back and co-pilot in front similar to the attack helicopters of the 20th century. It came into use shortly after the Firestorm Crisis.
The craft is equipped with powerful VTOL engines which, coupled with an aerodynamic frame, give it the ability to fly at high speeds and deliver ordnance to the battlefield in minutes. It also has a refueling probe at the front to extend its range.
In-game[edit | edit source]
The V-35 Ox is primarily used for ferrying squads of infantry and smaller vehicles, such as the Surveyor, Pitbull or the APC, although it is fully capable of lifting the 65-ton MBT-6 Predator Tank should the need arise. Oxes can only be called in once the field commander has built an on-site Airfield to provide the clearance command.
Unfortunately, the aerodynamic frame forced the engineers to limit the amount of plating on the Ox. As such, it is very susceptible to anti-aircraft weaponry. It also cannot carry any of GDI's heavier vehicles such as Rigs, Mammoth Tanks, and walkers.
It is worth noting that Steel Talons and ZOCOM V-35 Ox Transports have significantly weaker armour than the vanilla GDI ones due to a coding oversight.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Tiberium Wars patch 1.05:
- hit points increased by 70%
- fixed an error that sometimes caused Ox transports and Carryalls to become stuck and unselectable when ordered to land next to edges of cliffs
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- They can be seen carrying Mobile Construction Vehicles into battle in certain missions, but they are scripted and unavailable by any means.
- Carried units have been observed to fire at enemy units while being transported. It is unknown if this is by design or a glitch.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created (unused)[edit | edit source]
- Ox here, need a lift?
- Transport, reporting in!
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Steady, now!
- Is there a pickup?
- How's it looking out there?
- Let's keep it safe guys!
- Transport here!
- You can count on us!
- Ox transport, what do you need?
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Transport en route!
- New course set!
- Let's be careful!
- Looking clear.
- We're on our way.
- Destination set!
- Keep an eye out for those SAMs.
When picking a unit up[edit | edit source]
- Transport on its way!
- Transport inbound!
- LZ confirmed!
- En route on rendezvous coordinates!
- We are coming, hold on down there!
- We see 'em, let's go!
- Okay, we are coming in!
- How many units you got?
When cancelling a pickup[edit | edit source]
- Canceled pickup run!
- Copy that, canceled pickup!
- Confirmed, we are heading back!
- No problem, have a nice day gentlemen!
When dropping off[edit | edit source]
- Prepare to drop off!
- LZ in sight!
- Approaching drop zone!
- Prepare for arrival!
When returning to base[edit | edit source]
- Let's get this cargo to safety!
- Confirm ATV!
- Returning to base!
When retreating[edit | edit source]
- ATB, ATB!
- We been hit, let's get outta here!
- Enemies are near, let's go!
When crashing[edit | edit source]
- We're losing control!
- We're going down!
- I knew that this would happen!
- Oh no! Oh no!
Medivac (unused)[edit | edit source]
- They need medical treatment!
- Let's get to that med center!
- Medivac confirm!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Feng Zhu concept art