|For other uses, see Venom.|
Faster (~0.58 TPS)
- Venom when attacking
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 6.1 When created
- 6.2 When selected
- 6.3 When moving
- 6.4 When ordered to attack favorably
- 6.5 When ordered to attack unfavorably
- 6.6 When ordered to attack neutral
- 6.7 When ordered to attack unreachable target
- 6.8 When in favorable or neutral engagement
- 6.9 When in unfavorable engagement
- 6.10 When crashing
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The Venom Patrol Craft is Nod's primary aerial scout vehicle. Armed with heavy ball-mounted machine gun, it's ideal for hunting down enemy infantry squads. The Venom design is widely believed to have been developed using stolen Orca prototypes.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Works effectively combined with a Banshee, both covering all main unit types. The chip damage of Venom can help the duo to deal with Attack bikes twice as fast. Venoms are instrumental in supporting Laser drone harvester rush — drones deal with any vehicles and Venoms distract the defending Missile squads.
The flying ability ensures that infantry units can't easily run and hide. This is especially effective against Sniper team.
If a more universal anti-infantry unit is required, the Buggy provides anti-aircraft capability and slightly stronger anti-vehicle firepower for the same cost. The Venom has a stronger anti-infantry fire than the Buggy.
The Venom is vulnerable to all anti-air vehicles. In the early game the Pitbulls and Attack bikes are the main threats. In the middle game the Talon and the Banshee can servery limit the Venom's utility. Slingshot denies the airspace completely.
Venom is only rivaled in strength by Razorback.
Decks[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Turn rate increased to 500 (was 150)
- Acceleration distance decreased to 2 (was 4)
- Deceleration distance decreased to 1 (was 4)
- 2018-07-19: Damage vs Infantry increased to 60 (was 50)
- 2019-04-23: Health increased to 1210 (was 1200)
- 2019-06-05: Attack speed increased to 0.4 (was 0.5)
- 2019-09-12: Speed decreased to 8 (was 9.236)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Venom airborne
- Venom, armed and ready
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Honor to the brotherhood!
- Your command?
- Ready to serve!
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Coordinates set
- Taking position
- Venom flying out
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Venom will strike
- I'll rip them apart!
When ordered to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- Need a bigger gun!
- Venom outgunned
When ordered to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- I'll gun them down
- Tracking targets
- Closing in
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- Venom has no effect
- Can't strike it
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- Venom kills
- Tearing them to shreds
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- Venom hit!
- We're in trouble!
When crashing[edit | edit source]
- Losing pressure!
- Going down!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It's role as a scout unit was replaced by Laser drone.
- Modeled after Venom in Tiberium Wars, but it lacks ability to detect stealth or attack aircraft.
- Voiced by female actor.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]