Flame throwers, anti-air missiles
140 against infantry
0.5 seconds (ground)
Background[edit | edit source]
The Widowmaker is designed to defend the high cost Temple units form infantry and airborne threats. It's fearsome looks are backed by a dual flame-thrower and and abdomen mounted missile battery. The Widowmaker went through many iterations, but the final arachnidian design was selected by Gideon Raveshaw himself for it's “sense of style and class”.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Strong against infantry, aircraft and structures. Can attack vehicles.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Being relatively inexpensive and effective against mid tier infantry and aircraft (especially drones), Widowmaker is a popular unit in tech decks.
It does have sluggish Movement Speed, which reduces Widowmaker's ability to pick favorable fights, which can be especially painful when opponent has fast maneuvering vehicles.
Their damage and health is in line with their cost, meaning that tier 2 aircraft and infantry can overwhelm them when numbers are on their side.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Robotic high pitched sounds. When idle, moves the torso and legs around.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2019-12-06:
- Damage vs Vehicles decreased to 50 (was 100)
- Cost increased to 90 (was 80)
- Damage vs Base decreased to 300 (was 400)
- Patch 1.3.1 2019-02-06:
- Cost decreased to 80 (was 90)
- Damage to Vehicles decreased to 50 (was 65)
- Balance update 2019-07-31: Time between attacks reduced to 1.4 from 1.5
See also[edit | edit source]
- Wolverine — GDI counterpart.
References[edit | edit source]