Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Yuri Prime (Yuri's Revenge)
|This article is about the Yuri's Revenge hero unit. For other uses, see Yuri.|
Increased strength, firepower, rate of fire, self-healing
Psychic blast does not cause own casualties
|“||There is only one true Yuri.
- Yuri Prime, announcing his arrival
In-game[edit | edit source]
Yuri Prime is a significantly more powerful version of the Yuri clone in that he can mind control enemy units and most structures. These exclude garrisonable buildings, tech buildings, superweapons, and faction-specific economy-supporting buildings (ore purifier, Industrial Plant, cloning vat). He can control an empty tank bunker or the tank inside it, but not both simultaneously.
A controlled building can be ordered to attack (if a turret), if needed. Moreover, any controlled building can be sold, effectively destroying it and, to add insult to injury, giving funds and units to Yuri's side. When unopposed, Yuri can desolate enemy bases even faster than other commando units.
He can also cross water thanks to his floating platform. His version of the psychic blast has a longer range, faster recharge time, and it can damage vehicles. This helps him deal with attack dogs, terror drones, war miners, and other threats more quickly and safely.
Like Yuri clones, Yuri Prime also can auto-detect and mind-control a disguised spy, with the sole exception if the spy disguises himself as a Yuri Prime.
Only one Yuri Prime may be trained from the barracks, although two can be produced if a cloning vat is built.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- There is only one true Yuri.
When selected[edit | edit source]
- I'm here.
- You disturb me?
- You will learn from me.
- Be of one mind.
- Your orders, my ideas.
- Yes, my exquisite mind.
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Your thoughts are mine.
- Most unimaginative.
- You will move me there.
- Yes, I know.
- I have taught you well!
- A trivial matter.
- I've seen this already.
When ordered to attack[edit | edit source]
- He will be ours!
- I bring you peace.
- I foresaw this need.
- He will listen.
- He shall serve me well.
- Another pawn joins us.
- Come to Yuri.
When suppressed[edit | edit source]
- I sense trouble.
- This could be a problem!
- I did not foresee this.
When enemy tries to mind-control him[edit | edit source]
- I cannot be overcome!
- I am my own master, always.
- A pathetic attempt.
- Fool, you can't control me!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Concept art, escorted by two brutes
See also[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Yuri Prime is voiced by Udo Kier the actor who is also playing Yuri in the cutscenes.
- Interestingly, Yuri Prime can be killed by psychic blasts from Yuri Clones, but Yuri Prime's blast cannot kill clones.
- A glitch regarding Yuri Prime existed in Yuri's Revenge version 1.000. If he was to capture a construction yard, it would disappear, and Yuri Prime would be killed if it was packing to an MCV. This was fixed in patch 1.001 by forbidding mind-controlled construction yards from packing and MCVs from unpacking.
- Also, as of patch 1.001, his psychic blast can no longer harm friendly units
- This Yuri Prime does not overwrite the old sprite of the original Yuri Prime. If the player removes the label "Image=YURIX" in the rulesmd.ini file, the Yuri Prime sprite from Red Alert 2 will be shown, until the change is reverted.
- Yuri Prime is the only commando unit in the Command & Conquer series which does not make an appearance in the campaign.
- In the official Polish manual for Yuri's Revenge, Yuri Prime is refered to as "Superjurij" which literally translates to "Super Yuri".