Zone trooper (Rivals)
Heavy anti-armour infantry
125 against infantry
Immunity to Tiberium
Squad members open fire in quick succession
|“||Zone troopers lead the charge
- Zone Trooper when leaving Tech Lab.
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Videos
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 References
Background[edit | edit source]
Zone Troopers are elite GDI infantry clad in XO-95 power armor. This armor enables Zone Troopers to accurately wield heavy rail guns and will automatically deliver first aid to them over time.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Strong against vehicles and aircraft. Restores health every second after being out of combat. Reveals adjacent stealthed units. Immune to Tiberium fields.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Zone Troopers are a heavy hitting infantry squad unit that have the highest damage per second stats in the whole GDI arsenal, and are effective against both aircraft and vehicles, at least when the squad has both members.
The only weakness being mid to high tier infantry, ZTs should not be left to their own devices on the battle field. Their slow rate of fire can make them vulnerable to squad units, like Cyberwheels or Militants.
Unlike most infantry squads, when ZTs start firing, they shoot in quick succession, followed by a longer pause. This helps to reduce damage taken from a single squad unit.
The self-healing ability means that Zone Troopers should be pressured at all times, otherwise it's very hard to take them out.
Nod counterpart to ZT is Cyborg.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Eager to get into combat. When idle, beats on the chest, stretches arms.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2018-06-15: Cost Increased to 120 (was 100)
- Balance update 2018-06-28: Damage vs structures reduced to 100 (was 375)
- Patch 1.1 2018-10-04:
- Squad size reduced to 2 (was 3)
- Health increased to 1000 (was 500)
- Damage increased to 575 (was 375)
- Damage vs. Infantry increased to 125 (was 55)
- Patch 1.3.1 2019-02-06: Structure damage increased to 620 (was 100)
- Balance update 2019-07-02:
- Attack speed doubled to 1.5 from 3.
- Damage to Vehicles reduced to 340 from 620.
- Damage to Infantry reduced to 75 from 125.
- Balance update 2019-07-31: Infantry damage reduced to 63 from 75.
- Balance update 2019-08-12:
- Attack speed decreased 1.5 to 3
- Damage to Vehicles increased 620 from 340.
- Damage to Infantry increased 125 from 62
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Zone troopers lead the charge
- Troopers in the field
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Armed to the teeth
- Zone troopers, always ready
- Drop us in the war zone
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Boots are moving
- Moving out
- Troopers on the move
- You got it
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- We've got this
- Shutting this party down
- Zone troopers bring the pain
- Troopers ready to punch through
When ordered to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- This is gonna be bad
- Gonna need this suit
When ordered to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- Troopers acknowledged
- Following the plan
- Yes, sir
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- Not possible
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- Get a load of this!
- Taking em down!
- Bringing the pain!
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- Zone is too hot!
- Receiving a beat down
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the currently available footage, it appears their models are bugged.
- They have jet packs modeled into them like their Tiberium Wars counterparts, but do not appear to use them.
- Initially had three members per squad.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Cyborgs — Nod counterpart to Zone Troopers
References[edit | edit source]